All Saints’ Torresdale Episcopal Church has a position opening for an office secretary!
Interested? Send email@example.com your resume.
Job title: Office Secretary
Work Location: 9601 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19114
Department: Office Staff
Reports directly to: Parish Rector
Hours: Part time, 29 hours/week; Monday – Friday
Salary: to be determined
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps the Rector informed of daily events at the church.
- Takes phone and other messages and relays them to the Rector or other persons for whom they were intended.
- Maintains the parish office in an organized, professional manner. Prepares and distributes paper and electronic documents including weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters and other forms of media.
- Maintains compliance with parish and diocesan
- Calls in payroll every 2 weeks, enters payroll information into QuickBooks and distributes check stubs to the church and day school staff.
- Enters data in QuickBooks for the church and day school bills paid.
- Writes checks in a timely manner.
- Maintains files electronically and in the office.
- Provides administrative office support to the Rector, and others as requested by the Rector.
- Maintains the church and Google calendars.
- Attends staff
- Communicates with the public and parishioners in a professional manner, maintaining confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Maintains and orders supplies for operation of the office.
- Other duties as assigned by the Parish
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products; Office, Excel, Publisher, QuickBooks
- Operation of standard office equipment.
- Willingness to learn and work with any other programs necessary for the smooth operation of the office.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to complete assignments as required
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Episcopal publications; Book of Common Prayer, Liturgical calendar, electronic hymn database
- Ability to handle interruptions of normal work patterns due to changing priorities or emergencies.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA , FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Due to conflict of interest, All Saints’ is unable to consider any applicants who are parishioners / family members of parishioners.